Minecraft is known for its extensive mod possibilities.
– Fraps footage will have the “javaw” prefix.
– Textures can be found in “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar”.
Minecraft to UDK
Enlarging the Textures
The textures will need to be enlarged and separated before import into UDK.
1) Open terrain.png in Photoshop.
2) Go to Image > Image Size. Set the scale to 3200% and select “Nearest Neighbor” from the dropdown.
– This will create block textures that are 512×512.
Because Minecraft environments are made out of blocks of the same shape, we will only need a single block which we can then duplicate and create different materials for within the UDK.
– Note: Tree textures are not two-sided.