- Capture and import the scene into 3DS Max.
– Some scenes will need to be scaled up before exporting, it depends on the game.
- Run “Clean Multimaterial“.
- Run the 3DS Max script batch_smd_export.ms to convert all the meshes to SMD files.
- Copy the toolbox folder to the directory.
- Export the Summary Info file in 3DS Max (File > Properties > Summary info. Press the “Save to File” button). Save to toolbox/summary_info.txt.
- Run convert_3dr_scene_to_source.bat
– Make sure the Source SDK window is set to “Team Fortress 2”.
- Open output.vmf in Hammer.